Monday, February 14, 2011

Thing 3: 7.5 Habits

It's humbling to say that the hardest habit for me is number 4 - "Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner." On the one hand I tend to be an energetic, enthusiastic and hardworking person, but if I am honest I am often self-depracating, if only in my own mind. As cheesy as they might seem, the words "don't say or think anything about yourself unless you want it to be true" hit me right in the gut.

The one that made me think "oh, I already do that for sure," was number 2 - "Accept responsibility for your own learning." Perhaps it helped that I was homeschooled, but I have always believed and acted on the assumption that you get out of an experience what you put into it. So as much as it might be convenient to blame a poor professor or an unfortunate experience, you are the main (if not sole) being liable for your education.

Ok, I guess I have now completed 1-3. More later:)

No comments:

Post a Comment