Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thing 11: LibraryThing

Yay, Goodreads!
I discovered this resource recently and LOVE it! It's basically what I would have invented myself if I had the time and skills. Although some of the aspects are ever so slightly tedious, like having to choose not to write a review each time you search for and add a book you've read, it's benefits far outweigh the downsides. I love connecting with other people and seeing what they've read and keeping track of what I've read and want to read. It could easily become an addiction for me, but I have to make time to actually read some of the 5 or 6 books on my "currently reading" shelf or the 30 odd on my "to read" shelf.
As a book lover, there is satifaction in looking at all the books you've read, and as a critical person it's great to be able to rate a book with as much or as little detail as you choose.

I would definitely recommend this site, it's almost the Facebook of book nerds.
Here is the link to my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment